Banana bread is a favourite for many! Here is a low sugar, gluten-free version that is seriously delicious. The best thing about it is that it doesn't contain any strange expensive ingredients. Instead, you’re more likely to have them all in your pantry already - give it a go today!
A big thank you to our fabulous Nutritionist Emily White for sharing this recipe with us. For more from Em, head along to her website here.
200g desiccated coconut
6 whole eggs
1 tsp gluten free baking powder
2 Tbsp sweetener (honey, maple, rice malt syrup- whatever tickles your fancy!)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 large banana
1 cup berries
1. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Line a loaf tin with baking paper.
2.Add everything, except the blueberries, to a blender or food processer and combine until mixed.
3. Stir through the berries.
4. Taste the batter- you may need to add more sweetener to taste.
5. Bake at pre heated temperature for 30 minutes then reduce temp to 150 degrees and bake for a further 20 minutes.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan.